IGS Publishing is currently accepting intern applications for a remote and unpaid internship for college credit. Interns should be prepared to commit at least 8 hours a week for at least 12 weeks or the length of a quarter/semester/summer.
This is an opportunity to earn college credit, gain industry experience, work with publishers and have the opportunity to publish some of your own work with a byline.
Applicants must be either 18 years old or have completed one semester of college. Applicants must be enrolled in college to participate in our internship program.
Types of Websites & Social Media Properties We Operate
- One of the largest Orange County lifestyle and destination websites
- Additional local Orange County and other destination websites
- Cooking and recipe websites
- And more
- Writing/Editing fun, exciting articles in WordPress
- Content ideation/development
- Assist and execute in the creation of content for the team’s social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Engaging with and monitoring social media comments, messages, etc.
- Support in the scheduling of content and coordinate posting
- Remain up-to-date with current trends on each platform and share ideas
- Designing images for websites, social media, and newsletters in Canva
- Compose newsletters
Responsibilities may vary based on Major, experience and desired work areas.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Canva, Mail Chimp or desire to become fluent in these areas
- Understanding of the types of short form video that excels across different social media platforms, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to emerging social media trends
- Based in Orange County, CA
- Majoring in Journalism, Photography/Videography, Social Media, Marketing or Communications